SAR offers environment-friendly disposal of drilling waste with a focus on greatest possible recovery and recycling. The main components include cuttings, slops and wash water.
Thermomechanical Cuttings Cleaner (TCC) is a separation technology developed to fraction the different components in the cuttings where oil-based mud (OBM) has been used for the drilling operation.
Cuttings are split into three main components: solids, base oil, and water. The process heats the water by converting kinetic energy (movement) into heat using friction. The hammers in the mill press particulate solids out onto the chamber wall, where the heat of friction drives off the water and oil from the cuttings in the form of vapour.
• The process is regulated by a fully automatic PLC system
• Base oil that is recovered is of excellent quality and may be used in new OBM or as diesel fuel
• The residual oil content in the solids is roughly 1000 ppm
• Capacity 4-6 tonnes per hour, depending on motor size and water content of cuttings
• Only thermal technology accredited for use offshore in the North Sea and most likely the only existing thermal technology that is feasible offshore
• Mobile units can be easily mobilised and stood down
SAR applies tested technology for purification of water generated by offshore and onshore industry, shipping and refineries. Normally the input is slops produced offshore, for example oily water, ballast tank water, engine room slops, or water contaminated with heavy metals.
SAR deploys a range of treatments depending on the place of origin and the content of potential eco-toxins:
• Membrane filter separation using Ultra and Nano filters to remove heavy metals, oil and particles
• Chemical flocculation and coagulation to remove hydrocarbons, heavy metals and suspended particles
• Biological treatment of dissolved organics using hardy bacteria which naturally live in seawater
Oil-based mud (OBM) and oil-based slops
SAR offers a cost-effective solution for treatment of many different OBM fractions.
• The chemicals used are simultaneously eco-friendly and bio-degradable
• No organic solvents
• Low energy demand
• Cleansed solids may be used as backfill where permitted by local regulations
• Cost-effective process
• Flexibility to process mud of varying composition
• High oil recovery factor
The quality of recovered oil is normally so good that it can be returned to company
Tlf 51 94 44 44
Fax 51 94 44 40